First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) is an independent authority within the U.S. Department of Commerce. The mission is to develop, build, and operate the nationwide broadband network that equips first responders (police, fire, medical) to save lives and protect U.S. communities.
- Perform market research of communications technology
- OCPO manages all acquisitions and procurements of technology for FirstNet business units
- Resources and guidance for obtaining federal contracts, bids and proposals
AT&T is working with FirstNet to transform the business of government by bringing together solutions that help protect, serve, and connect. They are helping government customers across federal, state, local, and international markets modernize the way they operate.
- Building FirstNet’s innovative communications platform
- Connections now exceed 425,000 spanning 5,250 public safety agencies
- Delivering increased capacity on AT&T’s LTE and 5G networks
Nextivity Inc. created the Cel-Fi GO RED FirstNet Booster. The smart signal booster amplifies FirstNet service inside buildings, ensuring that first responders have strong and reliable signals when using their cellular devices in emergency situations.
- Quick set up to amplify FirstNet signals inside buildings
- Can withstand the harsh conditions of typical emergencies
- Built on Cel-Fi’s IntelliBoost processor
Cradlepoint LTE solutions provide first responder teams with secure and reliable connectivity to FirstNet and other nationwide public safety networks. Ready to connect and serve, Cradlepoint delivers a portfolio of rugged and reliable wireless router solutions for in-vehicle, station, and IoT connectivity—helping teams stay safe, respond faster, and perform better.
- Secure, reliable wireless routers keep officers connected
- Firefighters rely on Cradlepoint to remotely access blueprints and maps
- EMTs connect with doctors and specialists using mobile router solutions
GetWireless is a leading Value-Added Distributor of cellular solutions that connect the Internet of Things (IoT). By supporting a strong portfolio of embedded modules, end-device modems, Asset Trackers, and intelligent gateways, GetWireless can supply the most advantageous cellular solution for each new IoT application.
- Extensive product knowledge and investment in training and continuing technology education
- Post sales technical support with a clear escalation path
- Professional guidance on hardware selection
Samsung’s mobile platform offers cutting-edge, government-focused, mobile technology solutions for endpoint security, immersive training, and workforce productivity that meets the client’s needs.
- Safety wearables offer hands-free real-time access to information
- DeX in Vehicle solution provides access to secure data in real-time
- Get defense-grade mobile security for phones with Samsung Knox
Sonim’s devices are specifically designed to meet the needs of public safety. Their solutions combine rugged form factor with next-generation technologies so workers can respond rapidly and safely using one device.
- Ultra-rugged smartphones are built to last with military-rated technology
- Handset communications are designed for severe weather conditions
- Provides the industry’s most comprehensive device warranty
Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States. The new 5G network technology will help drive improved public safety, healthcare, and first responder services.
- Massive MIMO radios provide breakthrough technology that significantly improves network capacity
- Solutions like Sprint Direct Connect Plus™ keep field teams in constant contact
- Continued investments to dramatically improve coverage, reliability, and speed across the nationwide network
T-Mobile’s Wireless Priority Service (WPS) is available for federal, state and local governments, and public services/welfare organizations. The users often include executive leadership and policymakers; disaster response/military command and control; public health, safety, and law enforcement command; public services/utilities; and public welfare.
- Priority access and prioritized processing in nationwide networks
- WPS users are responsible for command and control functions
- Department of Homeland Security determines WPS eligibility
Verizon is committed to providing reliable communications for first responders. They’ve invested in the Responder Private Core network so emergency crews can stay connected during a crisis.
- Preemption automatically and temporarily reallocates network resources
- Private Traffic Management provides higher level of services to public agencies
- IoT enables faster decision-making to keep communities safer